028275-Programmer/Developer Lead - Sr. BI Lead
• Senior BI consultant with strong background and 8+ years experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing domain.
• Proven track record in a BI Project Manager capacity with solid Project Management skills ( stakeholder management, planning, communication, co-ordination, …)
• Experienced working with business users and must be business / stakeholder centric, good analytical skills, identifying gaps, validating and prototyping requirements, perform initial enhancement validation/testing to ensure deliverables meet business partner needs prior to releasing for true UAT.
• Strong analytical skills to understand impact of changes and all dependencies and complexities.
• Good leadership and communication skills, detailed and results oriented, takes ownership and drives topics to completion, self-motivated, collaborates and works well with team and business partners.
• Ability to communicate and explain technical issues in a simple manner to a non-technical audience.
• Proven ability to be flexible and adapt to the situation quickly ;prioritize and re-prioritize tasks and roll with it, manage ambiguity well, communicate impact of changes on planned activities.
• Motivated and takes initiative, drives topics to closure.
• Proven experience to work independently or part of a team.
Flexible in working with various internal and 3rd party resources to lead / assist as required.
• Good hands on problem solving skills in BI, data related quality, ETL and performance issues •
Marketing background and/or knowledge of market data would be very helpful ; the GRACE CH database holds market data from multiple sources (IRI, IMS, Nielsen, Knobloch, Newline, CloseUp) for CH to provide metrics.
Primary Technical Skills:
• 8+ years of hands-on experience working in the BI / DW domains on different technologies.
Prefer candidates having experience in Microsoft BI stack (Sql Server , PARS, XL3, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS ) and Microsoft PowerBI product suite ( Visual Design, DAX, R, Data Modelling) , but not a firm requirement, if candidate has experience with similar industry leading technologies and is a self-learner.
• Good knowledge and experienced in multi-dimensional star schema models using multiple data sources and data integration activities.
• Experienced with PL/ Sql, job scheduling tools, understanding job dependencies, data refresh and job optimization techniques.
Secondary Technical Skills:
• Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Teradata, Oracle, Talend, FTP processes.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems.
Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment.
Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
Perform unit testing assist in system and user testing fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
- 3-9 years experience; bachelor’s degree
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law