028205-Applications Consultant 2 - Camel / Fuse Developer - Transportation
The Java Developer will be responsible for developing and testing software to create solutions and services tailored to the needs of the business and external customers.
The role requires a strong foundation of functional skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
This position is for a development project to build Java implementation from project development requirements.
The role requires candidate to be local or willing to relocate to Erie, PA.
Essential functions of the role:
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
• Create Web application in Java, J2EE, Spring, Apache Camel/Jboss Fuse, and JMS
• Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
• Create and maintain software documentation
• Develop software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development methods and infrastructure.
• Gather requirements directly from the client for the future incoming enhancements and participate on requirement discussion and clarifications.
• Analyse business requirements, create detailed project plans, ensure deliverables are met on time and communicate the status regularly with client.
• Identify the application bottlenecks and architectural redesign of the existing application in order to improve the Performance, mitigate risk and impacts.
• Provide day to day support for business by resolving critical issues in Quick Turnaround time.
Minimum 5 years experience with Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate
Hands-on experience in Apache Camel and Fuse is mandatory
Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
• Knowledge of development tools and integrated build systems preferred
• Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven , Software development cycle and automated testing experience (TDD/BDD)
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
• Strong skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law