028134-Senior Software Engineer - APIGEE Gateway Engineer
• End-to-end integration solutions development for enterprise software or hosted high-tech services
• Identify API from business processes design and implementing API using latest and emerging technology
• Perform API design and development on the Cloud as well as on-premise environments
• Implement API security certification, authentication, authorization, IP security setup, and end point configuration
• Architect solutions with clients, based on best practices.
• Deploy, configure, tune and monitor API Gateways
• Deliver on-site and remote training to partners and customers.
• Produce customer-facing technical documentation.
• Assist technical support in troubleshooting customer issues.
• Develop and maintain training and workshop material.
• Collect and articulate customer feature requests to Development organization
• Experience working with one or more API Gateway solutions such as
• CA API Gateway (formerly known as “Layer 7”)
• Apigee (Must Have)
• Mulesoft API Gateway
• Axway API Gateway
• IBM DataPower Gateway
• Working knowledge of cloud native API such as Amazon API, Pivotal API or similar products
• Degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of Web APIs, REST, XML, JSON, SOA/Web services, Internet/network security standards (WS Security, OAUTH, OpenID Connect, JWT, etc.)
• Experience in architecting and implementing integration solutions around key technologies.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law