028037-Programmer / Developer Lead - Software Development Engineer for Testing
• Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for multi-platform products that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation for a consumer products client
• Participate in product, interface and data design
• Participate and contribute in planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
• Review user stories, acceptance criteria to develop tests/code and ensure 100% test coverage
• Follow Industry best practices to build and ensure high quality code and product
• Work with zero-defect mindset and prevent defects
• Maintain automation code in a continuous integration environment
• Generate regular test reports and development metrics and enable continuous improvement
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative,and dynamic work environment
• Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
• Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field
• Passion for quality, self-driven, the motivation and skillsets to drive quality upstream
• 2+ years of working experience in one or more programming language such as C#, Java, C, C++, Objective-C
• Strong fundamentals and experience in one of scripting languages such as Java Script, PHP, Ruby, SQL
• Ability to debug code and provide information to mitigate and fix issues
• Experience in Test automation at the Services and database level
• Attention to detail and inquisitiveness
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• 2+ years professional experience in software development or 3+ years of test development
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Candidate must a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development/test environment.
Candidates local to Chicago, IL (work location is Oak Brook, suburb of Chicago) are required.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems.
Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment.
Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
Perform unit testing assist in system and user testing fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
- 3-9 years experience; bachelor’s degree
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law