027773-HR Shared Services Payroll Tax Specialist - Supervising Associate
As a member of the North American HR Services Team, the HR Services Payroll Tax Specialist - Supervising Associate will support the company’s transformation and the business meeting its goals by interfacing primarily with the local HR Business Partners.
The local HR Services towers including Recruit to Hire, Leaves, Separations, Compensation, Benefits and external vendors such as ADP. The position is located in the Chicago office.
The breadth of responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following functional areas:
• Manage all day-to-day activities related to internal and external payroll tax filing processes
• Supervise one team member
• Lead and coordinate year-end tax related activities and timely processing for accurate filings
• Research federal, state and local laws to support changing legislation regarding wage and hour laws
• Stay current with all areas of payroll tax laws & provide guidance to staff
• Partner with our tax team
• Perform & resolve quarterly reconciliation and data analysis between jurisdictions, ID’s, wage & tax
• Prepare and audit for tax and monthly reconciliations
• Review and approve internal tax returns.
• Identify and resolve all payroll tax refunds
• Manage overpayments, underpayments, SSN changes
• Estimating taxes, calculating gross ups, and compiling company payroll for items related to Stock Grants, Stock Options, ESOP, and Non-qualified Deferred Compensation activities
• Managing and overseeing all operations and activities relating to payroll for multiple payrolls and vendors
• Managing and overseeing all quarter end and year end activities between vendors and internal teams to ensure W2 accuracy
• Preparing ad hoc reports and reconciling
• Assist with payroll processing as needed
• Ensure that all payrolls within designation are accurately and timely processed, and that they comply with applicable regulations and laws.
• Coordinate adjustments and consolidation of amendments
• Analyze payroll data and verify accuracy of information
• Perform internal and external audits as requested
• Perform daily payroll department operations
• Review and respond to all payroll tax agency notices and ensure proper compliance and resolution on federal, state and local jurisdictions, abating penalties and clearing delinquencies (maintain log notices with vendor)
• Communicate directly with tax jurisdictions as well as third party vendor ADP regarding tax inquiries
• Works to identify employees with incorrect tax set-ups to ensure filings are compliant with tax withholdings and state and federal laws.
• Registration or auditing for new SIT, SUI, LIT tax ID’s.
• Reconciles the Statement of Deposits, jurisdictions across multiple companies and platforms
• Printing, Faxing, Scanning, Filing documents
• Maintains and creates tax/payroll files
• Creating, maintaining and updating procedural documentation
The successful candidate will have a track record of success within the area of Payroll of a relevant company/experience based on role, he/she will have.
• 3 to 5 years of work experience in Payroll, Finance, or Accounting with payroll tax filings in a multi-state environment and with multiple FEINs
• An associate’s degree or equivalent training and education like Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation a plus
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices and federal and state regulations
• Experience with ADP PRWC, Whitney and Report Writer is a plus
• Experience with a multi-state payroll or Canadian payroll is a plus
• Experience in or exposure to working in a shared services environment or having held a cross-functional role a plus
• Ability to prioritize work effectively
• Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel and Outlook and ability to
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law