027717-Programmer/Developer Lead - Mainframe Programmer - Mid level - MICHIGAN
Mainframe Developer :
Performing code analysis, designing, code build, unit testing and some solution design working on a large, complex and business critical application.
Proven experience (5-10 years) with Mainframe COBOL , C++.
· Working knowledge (5 years) MVS, UNIX, CICS, DB2, ORACLE, SQL, JCL, and UNIX.
· Must be familiar with client server programming methodology.
· Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Requires concentrated attention to resolve information technology problems.
· Diagnosing and resolving complex code for sustainment, enhancements, data extracts, test support functions, and ad hoc batch support requests.
· Some implementation of application performance enhancements, batch performance tuning, and execution of periodic data archival of aged transaction information.
· Use of system documentation tools, solution repositories, and code generating methodology.
· Participating in 24 by 7 support rotation focusing on system availability and stable application operations.
· Evaluating, testing and implementing COBOL enhancements according to requirement specifications.
- Works effectively dynamic environment.
- Sets and maintains expectations.
- Accountable for assigned work and follows through to completion.
- High attention to detail.
- Follow structured processes.
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems.
Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment.
Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law