027521-Security Manager - GRC/Identity/Threat
- Experience developing Security Policy Framework/Standards
- Experience with Audit & Compliance activities
- Experience in forensic analysis
- Experience with ISO27001 Implementation
- Experience with Vulnerability Management processes and systems
- Experience with application security scanning tools and methodologies
- Experience with SIEM tools and processes
- Experience with Anti-spam Management processes and systems
- Experience with Access Control Management processes and systems
- Experience with encryption techniques
- Experience with Content Filtering
- Experience with full project delivery life cycles
- Experience with delivering client value & service excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Experience interpreting client needs; assessing full requirements and identifying solutions to nonstandard task queries
- Experience identifying key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data and coming up with new less obvious solutions to problems
- Experience prioritizing and managing own time to meet agreed to targets
- Experience explaining difficult issues clearly and establishing consensus and agreement
- Experience creating information networks with key contacts in area of expertise
Desired designations: CISSP, CHFI, CEH, NERC
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law