027184-Project Manager - Program Manager
Looking for candidates local to San Jose, CA, or Research Triangle Park, NC.
Will also consider someone who is willing to relocate to either of these areas.
Manage large projects interfacing with multiple application teams, must be able to meet aggressive time lines.
· Ability to ramp up quickly and lead multiple cross functional teams.
· Partner with Product Owners, Program Managers, IT and Quality to deliver business value. Assist product owner in keeping the backlog groomed
· Schedule and facilitate Scrum events including sprint planning sessions, backlog grooming, daily scrums, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives.
· Maintain the Scrum team’s capacity plan, Scrum board, sprint backlog, velocity charts and burn down charts.
· Identify and help remove impediments.
· Identify and communicate potential risks to the completion of the Sprints, including resources, costs, and external dependencies. Proactively escalate as appropriate.
· Timely communication within IT and business partners.
· Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
· Ensure cross-team coordination
· Guide and coach the Scrum Team on how to use Agile principles and the Scrum framework to bring value to client.
Ability to work under tight deadlines and stressful situations
Ability to handle and balance multiple critical tasks at the same time
Strong people skills
Demonstrated ability in using MS Office Suite
MS Project, and Visio Strong facilitation skills
Experienced in driving execution
Experienced in leading change
Ability to travel (25%) local/international
BEHAVIORAL AND INTERPERSONAL
Positive Attitude Self-Motivated
Organized Team Work
Adaptable to changing priorities
4 year degree required
Minimum 8 years of experience
successfully managing projects /programs in an IT environment
5-10 years of general IT experience performing builds or support as a technician
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Preferred
Project Managers take full responsibility for managing a project or program.
They normally manage a number of related streams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction.
Project Managers are responsible for the project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization.
A Project Manager usually has technical expertise in one or more other domains (e.g. a )
Project Manager with testing skills could perform a test manager function).
Required Skills and Experience:
You ensure that client needs are satisfied through the formulation, development, implementation and delivery of application solutions in response to client requirements, expressed in approved service requests.
You are responsible for the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization.
You ensure that the project meets its deliverables in an agreed schedule, according to the scope, within stipulated budget, and to quality standards.
• Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
• Certification: Should have EM Level 1.
• Should be proficient in Negotiating, Vendor Management, Financial Reporting, Risk Management and Problem Diagnosis & Solution.
• Should have progressing skills in Financial Analysis, Change Management and Quality Management.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for project management thru the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law