027146-Senior Project Manager - Solution Development Release Manager
Senior Project Manager - Solution Development Release Manager
A Solution Development Release Manager looks across all Products and Services for the work to be delivered in each upcoming Release Candidate.
The Release Manager performs the planning and coordination activities required to successfully deliver and deploy RC's to the correct Solution environment.
This role has application, feature and environment knowledge as well as a project management skill set, well suited for coordinating the deployment of both large and small releases.
Solution Development Release Managers are aggregation points, providing a viewpoint across all of the various changes going on for a specific release, regardless of application or technology.
The Solution Development Release Manager is responsible for creating a coherent release plan that accounts for all of the changes and for ensuring delivery of the initiative.
In this capacity, the Solution Development Release Manager provides repeatable processes to plan and coordinate change in support of all types of deployments, as well as having accurate and consistent visibility to timing, dependencies and projected value delivered(either to Market or feature).
While the Solution Development Release Manager coordinates the execution of the release planning process, other roles may also contribute by executing tasks within that process.
This role is highly collaborative with roles such as Product Development Managers, PMO, QSM and SET teams that support delivery and deployment of core of functionality.
- Coordinates the process of identifying, bundling, planning, scheduling, reporting and measuring all application and infrastructure work, including bug fix and emergency release
- Coordinates with SET team and application teams on infrastructure release impacts
- Acts as a coordination point for dependencies across IT in support of solution implementation and deployment
- Ensures adherence to change management process guidelines
- Ensures that release planning and management documentation is maintained
- Is accountable for all release planning, milestones, communications and management reporting
- Partners with various business and IT roles to understand and align timelines/milestones to delivery of functionality/technology
- Facilitates the release-¬level Go/No Go decision for each application, infrastructure, bug fix and emergency release
- Ensures the communication of release implementation plans, status and issues to Product Owners, SET and PMO
- Coordinates the development of comprehensive release implementation, validation and back-out plans
- Drives continuous process improvement activities related to the release processes
- Is responsible for release metrics reporting
- Experience using tools such as Clarizen, MSProject, Innotas
- Expert user of JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with service / API consumption
- A strong understanding of software architecture and software engineering practices
- Minimum of 5 years integrated software release planning and management experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience
- Experience in an IT process management environment or other related IT area
- Applied principles of the project management discipline to help drive predictable, consistent delivery of business capability
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Must have experience working in an enterprise and digital software environment
Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law