Robotic process automation (RPA) has emerged as a powerful change agent, with enterprises around the globe embracing it as a means to automate manual processes and create a bridge to a digital future. Despite signs of vibrant growth among most prominent RPA software firms, RPA is still a nascent market with enterprise strategies continuing to percolate and a notable dearth of experienced talent.
In a first of its kind report, the HFS RPA Services Top 10 report examines the role service providers are playing in the evolving RPA market. HFS assessed and rated the RPA services capabilities of 29 service providers across a defined series of innovation, execution, and voice of the customer criteria. The report also includes detailed profiles of each service provider, outlining their overall and sub-category rankings, provider facts, and detailed strength and weaknesses.
Ranking #2 in the report, Capgemini is positioned as “a global service provider focused on process optimization and RPA industrialization,” with the following main strengths:
- Unified automation practice yielding dividends – centralized investments and expertise in RPA and intelligent automation under the Automation Drive umbrella in 2016, which helped refine focus on delivering business outcomes through process optimization and scalable operating models.
- Strength across the RPA services value chain – strong credentials across the value chain supported by our ESOAR (Eliminate, Standardize, Optimize, Automate, Robotize) methodology to help drive process optimization prior to automation, our factory approach to CoE set up, and our Virtual Delivery Center for governance.
- Depth and breadth of tools experience – rated in the top quartile of the HFS assessment of providers’ experience with leading third-party RPA tools, including the big three (Automation Anywhere, BluePrism, and UiPath) and beyond to providers such as WorkFusion and Celaton.
- Sizable talent pool and strong focus on training and knowledge management – ranks in the top three for sheer volume of RPA trained resources. Strong internal training (Automation Drive Academy) focused on comprehensive third-party tools training and training on internal tools, methodologies, and resources to help continually skill up resources. Knowledge is captured and curated in a global knowledge hub (Automation Drive Library).
- Flexibility – clients were pleased with its ability to adjust to varying RPA needs and application concepts and deploy skilled resources accordingly.