Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
About Capgemini With 270,000 women and men in nearly 50 countries, Capgemini is a responsible and multicultural global leader. Its purpose: unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. As a strategic partner to companies, Capgemini has harnessed the power of technology to enable business transformation for more than 50 years. The Group addresses the entire breadth of business needs, from strategy and design to managing operations. To do this, it relies on deep industry expertise and its command of fast evolving fields such as cloud, data, artificial intelligence, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. In 2020, Capgemini reported global revenues of €16 billion.. Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As Senior Engineer, you will work on one of the world's largest marketplace, dealing with one billion events per day and contribute as part of R&D self-organized team working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, create, and implement the solutions for existing technical challenges, including building/enhancing the functionality connected with Data processing and Infra management.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Obtains tasks from TL, prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
• Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
• Provides estimations, agrees task duration with TL and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
• Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
• Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
• Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
• Reports to Team Lead or Project Manager about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
• Collaborates with other teams and project stakeholders.
• Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions and guidelines.
• Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
• Constantly improves his/her professional level.
• Provides training for other team members on general product architecture as well as his/her AOR.
• If required, make yourselves available for the visits to the client location.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
• Strong OOP and Design patters knowledge
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 4+ years of experience in Python backend development
• Strong understanding of Python tooling
• 2+ years in projects with large-scale or highly loaded systems
• Proficient in AWS infrastructure and configuration management
• Proficiency with Docker containers
• Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, and other engineering best practices
• Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Good English (oral & written)
• Ability to learn quickly
• Experience working in Agile environment
Nice to have:
• Or experience with big data query engines like Hive, or Spark
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.