Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
About Capgemini With 270,000 women and men in nearly 50 countries, Capgemini is a responsible and multicultural global leader. Its purpose: unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. As a strategic partner to companies, Capgemini has harnessed the power of technology to enable business transformation for more than 50 years. The Group addresses the entire breadth of business needs, from strategy and design to managing operations. To do this, it relies on deep industry expertise and its command of fast evolving fields such as cloud, data, artificial intelligence, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. In 2020, Capgemini reported global revenues of €16 billion.. Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Our client is one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, dealing with one billion events per day.
• We are looking for Senior Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps with strong scripting and development skills, who will contribute to the management and optimization of complex infrastructure based on AWS and Kubernetes, building tools to automate management of dozens of Kubernetes clusters with 1000+ nodes, reduce the operational cost, improve security, etc.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Obtains tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
• Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
• Provides estimations, agrees task duration with the manager and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
• Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
• Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
• Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
• Reports about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
• Responsible for resolving crisis situations within his/her AOR.
• Constantly improves his/her professional level.
• Collaborates with other teams.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
• 5+ years of commercial experience as Site Reliability Engineer, or DevOps, or similar
• 2+ years of experience with AWS stack (VPC, EC2, S3, KMS, ECR, IAM, Lambda, CloudWatch)
• Development experience with Python, or Go
• Strong knowledge of Linux and bash
• Experience with migrations, upgrades and monitoring
• Hands-on experience of working with production environments with zero tolerance to any errors
• Strong understanding of Kubernetes ecosystem.
• Experience in Agile development environments
• Good English (oral & written) and communication skills in general
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.