This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As Senior Engineer, you will work on one of the world's largest social networks and contribute as part of R&D self-organized team working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, create, and implement the solutions for existing technical challenges.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Obtains tasks from TL, prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
• Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
• Provides estimations, agrees task duration with TL and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
• Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
• Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
• Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
• Reports to Team Lead or Project Manager about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
• Collaborates with other teams and project stakeholders.
• Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions and guidelines.
• Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
• Constantly improves his/her professional level.
• Provides training for other team members on general product architecture as well as his/her AOR.
• If required, make yourselves available for the visits to the client location.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
• Strong OOP and Design patters knowledge
• 5+ years of FrontEnd development experience
• 3+ years of experience with React.js
• Experience with GraphQL
• Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, and other engineering best practices
• Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Good English (oral & written)
• Ability to learn quickly
• Experience working in Agile environment
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel. Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods. Supervise, train, mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding. Represent team in project meetings. Work with business and functional analysts, and software & solution architects in ensuring that programs and systems function as intended Supervise, mentor and manage large teams of programmers in one or more projects. Represent project teams in project/program meetings or in meetings with sponsor.
• Qualifications: 6-8 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.