A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Location – Toronto, ON
Job type – Full Time Permanent
Position – Senior Developer (Java with Spark/Scala experience)
- Must be 10 years hands on core java threads and collections with strong fundamental concepts
- Risk IT experience is a big plus Preferable to have working knowledge of VaR capital other risk models
- Hands on experience on Hadoop stack Spark programming HDFS Hive is required
- Strong SQL knowledge is a big plus
- Ability to design implement and take ownership of the applications
- Communicate collaborate within IT and with business
- Nice to have Risk domain knowledge
- Experience In handling applications with large volumes of data
- Good to have exposure to Agile methodology and ability to handle tight deadlines
- Communicate with IT business teams in different region and drive technical solution implementation
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship