Sr. Software Engineer – Production
Location: Remote/ Mississauga, ON
• We are looking for a Data and Analytics Production Services Lead who would be responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform.
• Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem Incident Management Release Deployment Operational Readiness Capacity Availability Management.
• Application Monitoring Service Analytics and Reporting Production Governance Triage Associate.
• Support Change Configuration Management etc.
• The Production Services Lead identifies possible production failure scenarios creates incident tickets enhancements and or problem tickets in ticket tracking system and communicates effectively with development and internal business operations teams Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services Creates and enhances administrative operational and technical policies and procedures adopting best practice guidelines standards and procedures.
• Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting analysis research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills
• Key Responsibilities Performs analytical technical and administrative work in planning installing designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision.
• Resolves complex issues Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications.
• Works on problems of minimal moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles concepts and techniques.
• May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others Initiates and provides leadership strategic tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client business area issues and in the development of an technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives.
• Participates with management in the development of technology products service standards and development efforts that impact the client business area.
• Serves as an escalation point between the client business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems complaints and service requests.
• Onboarding new teams application review Production readiness documentation.
• Shared Zone audit QA standard enforcement Operation Monitoring exception handling.
• Supplier escalation support number for offshore team is expected Builds best practices and SOPs for ongoing support model and enhancements and working collaboratively with the head of platform domains.
• Required Qualifications 5 years of IT experience including analysis of the Hadoop DMX h ETL Migration SQL coding performance training and understanding of ETL best practices Hadoop Architecture.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services.The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion
What We Offer:
What we Offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.