Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and industry specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Role: Java Scala Senior Developer
Location: Montreal, QC
Type: Full Time With Benefits.
Client is working on a strategic Balance Sheet renovation initiative for the firm which is expected to be a multi-year program and would help converge various consumers of balance sheet data to a unified starting point. This includes strategic data sourcing into Finance Data Warehouse, FDW from Wealth management and ISG data providers including recent acquisitions, FDW will control the data and will feed into liquidity capital and disclosure reporting. You will be a seasoned architect with rich experience designing solutions in the balance sheet regulatory space for both internal MIS and external; Financial and Regulatory reporting in large global investment banks.
• Strong on hands on Java Scala development using agile methodologies.
• Experience Design Developing application using Java Scala on Apache Spark Platform.
• Very good understanding of PL SQL Experience or knowledge in cloud technologies and microservice architecture.
• Experience building REST Web Services Strong debugging skills.
• Very good understanding of Design Patterns.
• Team oriented and should be able to work well within a global collaborative model.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication, Participate in Sprint planning, Sprint Review backlog refinement meetings.
• Good knowledge of Hadoop ecosystems, caching mechanism HDFS, Bigdata Create requirement in User Stories with the acceptance scenarios.
• Preparation of use case diagrams UMLs, Sequence diagrams, Visio flows.
• Experience or familiarity with the DevOps automation.
• Languages Databases – Java, Scala, Teradata or equivalent RDBMS, JSON, XML, Hive Tools, Visual Studio, Code IntelliJ, JIRA, Git, SharePoint.
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law.