A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion.
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Rightshore ® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Position: Java Developer (Spring boot, Kafka, Elastic search)
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
- Should have programming experience in Java JEE Technology and should have excellent knowledge in Java 8, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Batch Kafka, Elastic Search, JPA, SOAP Web services, REST API, JMS MQ Struts 2, JSF, Angular, DB2, Oracle RAD.
- Should have strong experience in service developments using Spring Boot, REST, SOAP Web services.
- Should have good experience in working with Build Version controlling and deployment tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle, SVN, GIT, Jenkins.
- Should have good knowledge and working experience with DevOps process tools like IBM, Urban code, Deploy and Cloud platform like Bluemix PCF.
- Should have excellent knowledge on Java J2EE design patterns and coding standards.
- Possess good analytical debugging skills quick learner be able to think out of the box to recreate production issues and be able to provide quick turnaround for resolving the issues.
- Should be able to interpret and understand design and be able to independently prepare high level and detailed technical design documents for medium to big enhancements developments..
- Should be able to understand analyze the business requirements enhancements and estimate effort required.
- Should be able to articulate functional and technical requirements and share the same with the team and or client teams.
- Conduct peer review of deliverables and take the bottom line for all deliverables from the team with respect to schedule and quality.
- Should be able to visualize the requirements and prepare all the possible Unit test scenarios plans.
- Should have worked directly with customer and have experience in client interactions.
- Be involved in meetings with stakeholders to understand impact of any enhancements which will be taken up.
- Work on any ad hoc requests which must be resolved and released on priority basis.
- Strong working experience with Agile based project deliverables .
- Manage risks and issues related to the deliverables in scope Process Oriented.
- Should have well verse in Software Configuration Management principles.
- Should have a good understanding of release management activities.
- Understand the importance of SLAs and metrics and adhere to the same.
- Provide technical and process related guidance and clarifications to the team.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.