DATA ENGINEER – SCALA
Must have at least 2 years of hands on working knowledge on Big Data technologies such as Hive Hadoop Spark Apache Nifi SCALA Kafka Python Sqoop Spark SQL Hbase and AWS
- Must have at least 2 years of hands on working knowledge on Big Data technologies such as Hive Hadoop Spark Apache Nifi SCALA Kafka Python Sqoop Spark SQL Hbase and AWS
- You have a deep understanding of data modelling and experience with data engineering tools and platforms such as Spark Scala Hadoop AWS
- Develop and operate modern data architecture approaches to meet key business objectives and provide end to end data solutions
- You will pair up with your data engineers to write clean and iterative code based on TDD and BRDs with team Good knowledge on AWS systems such as EMR S3 Step Function any warehouse system such as Redshift
- Experience in Service oriented architecture and data standards like JSON Avro Parquet Experienced with Linux Unix platform
- Experience in RDBMS and No SQL databases Hands on experience in MapR Cloudera Hortonworks and or cloud AWS EMR based Hadoop distributions
- Comfortable working with large data volumes and be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of logical data structures and analysis techniques
- Optimization of jobs to improve performance Advocate your data engineering expertise to the broader tech community and act as a mentor for more junior level data engineers
- Diverse knowledge and experience of working on Agile Deliveries and Scrum teams
- Good understanding of GIT and CI CD pipelines
- Document existing solutions and identify urgent fix upgrade needs and address the same
- Design and development of low latency high performance data analytics applications
- Collaborate with peer data engineers and platform architects on various projects to maintain and enhance data platforms
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.