This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law About Capgemini Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion. Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Our team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced RF Power Amplifier Design Consultant who is strong team-player & has the aptitude to support design & development of RF Amplifiers by employing latest in LDMOS & GaN transistor technology.
You will be :
- Designing & developing high-power amplifiers modules (10W to 1000W) in the 400 MHz to 4000 MHz frequency range and will support their higher-level integration into radio with digital pre-distortion techniques to meet regulatory & internal requirements
- Modeling and characterizing linear/non-linear circuit elements used in high-power RF power amplifier modules
- Using advanced CAD/Simulation tools for modelling, analysis and to generate layout & schematics for power amplifier module
- Utilizing your analytical skills to troubleshoot & solve (design/manufacturability) issues at both, power amplifier module-level, and upon its integration at the radio system-level
To be successful in the role you must have
- 3-5 years of established RF design experience in amplifier/transceiver design, and downlink chain linearization techniques using baseband pre-distortion system
- Experience with Agilent's Advanced Design System (ADS), Ansoft's High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) and Planar EM Solvers (Sonnet's EM and/or Agilent's Momentum)
- Hands-on experience with RF instrumentation & measurement techniques
- Experience in automating instrumentation & test-routines using Matlab/Labview/Python
- Experience with thermal analysis, mechanical packing, and EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility)
- Understanding of mobile communication standards (GSM, LTE, NR etc.), global spectrum regulations (3GPP, FCC etc.) and their specifications for radio performance
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal) and result oriented mindset to take initiatives & collaborate within the team, with other design disciplines (Mechanical, Systems, SW etc.)
- A university degree (MSc or PhD) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with strong academic foundation on radio frequency principles
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.