A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Title: Backbase Angular Developer
Location: Toronto, ON
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Technical Lead in a client facing position.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a developer.
• Experience with technical project teams and technical consultants such as developers and architects.
• Experienced in Agile methodologies agile both Scrum and KanBan and tools such as Jira and Confluence.
• Experience with complex problem solving.
• Organized having strong consultancy analytical and communications skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
• Experience within Angular web application development.
• Is a proactive team player.
• Demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architectures SOA as well as Micro Services Architecture.
• Familiar with TS Application MVC.
• Experience with CI/ CD REST JSON Maven Npm.
• Familiar with database applications such as Oracle MySql DB2 as well as with SQL JDBC and ORM tools.
• Backbase WA3 BB Certified.
• Angular RxJs, NgRx,
• Unit Test : Jasmine Jest marbles e2e Cypress Protector Cucumber Gherkin and Selenium.
• Angular Build Process Angular CLI.
Good to have:
• Angular Application Packaging Static Code analyser.
• SonarQube, Deployment Jenkins, UCD, PCF.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.