As a Market Development Executive you will utilize your strong technical and business competencies and customer service orientation to provide the highest level of business and technical consultation to sales teams, prospects and customers to achieve sales goals.
The ideal person for this position will have expertise with the Cloud ecosystem, including the products, sales organization/approach, services and partners.
The person will possess an understanding of services sales and partner-based selling.
The candidate will utilize his/her excellent technical and relationship building skills in working with prospects, customers, vendors, partners and sales to ensure that solutions are successfully positioned to customers.
Candidate must be motivated, take initiative and be a team player since we “sell in packs.” Selling technology-based transformational services is complex and requires a person to understand the various roles each stakeholder plays in the process.
The Market Development Executive role requires adept performance of the following:
– Learning and articulating both Cloud product features/differentiation as well as Capgemini’s ability to implement those technology solutions.
– Working with our sector (industry) field sales professionals on targeting our install base and new logo accounts in different industries (within your territory)
– Introducing Cloud sales professionals to Capgemini sales professionals and building cadence around key activities/targets/accounts and programs
– Evangelizing and marketing Capgemini solutions/offerings to Cloud sales professionals, alliance team members and end customers
– Working with our delivery leadership to respond to opportunities, and team-sell through RFP responses or other types of sales cycles.
– Participating in client/prospect calls
– Attending and driving client interactions at trade shows and conferences
– Participating in RFP/proposal responses (as part of the team)
Additional candidate characteristics include:
• 8-10 years Professional Services, Business Development and/or partner management experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BA/BS degree required, with MBA or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
relevant exp of 5+ years on Mulesoft
• Strong experience in Architect and designing Integration Solutions
• Strong experience of Design and Development on Mulesoft – 5+ Yrs exp
• Strong communication, presentation and client engagement skills
• Strong experience of Integration Design Patterns and its implementation
• Strong experience on APIs Design and Development – 5+ Yrs
• Good knowledge on DevOps, mainly automation tools
• Good Knowledge on iPaaS development
• Mulesoft Developer or above level certification (nice to have)
• Understanding of Development Methodologies
• Demonstrated Hands on experience in building Integration Solutions
• Demonstrated experience bridging business and technical teams
• Interpreting requirements to develop Mule services/integrations with adherence to development, integration and in practicing MuleSoft architectural best practices.
• Developing RESTFul APIs with RAML using MuleSoft and also with MuleSoft Anypoint Platform for APIs and API Manager
• Implement the development of multiple interface services to connect both internal and external SOAP and REST web services.
• Develops, build, deploy and test Mulesoft applications.
• Performance Tune Mule Application Flows
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Qualifications – External:
IT Transformation Managers optimize Business Technology capabilities and manage implementation, change and transformation on behalf of the client. They analyze and evaluate existing Business Technology capabilities (- organization, project management, service management and resources management). They define Business and IT objectives and identify gaps. They are responsible for the success of the transformation by designing the appropriate transformation roadmap and leading the execution of it. They also carry out skills coaching and consulting. IT Transformation Managers understand the financial implications of their proposals. Their plans must increase the productivity and quality of the complete IT landscape and life cycle by using client standards and procedures, control and quality management, rationalization and automation. They use industry standards and best-practices including a feasibility check and necessary adaptations for the client.
Required Skills and Experience:
The Senior IT Transformation Manager has an expertise in several areas of the transformation topic. This enables him to take responsibility for the execution of significant areas of programs/projects together with the client. He supports and coaches colleagues and employees of the customer within his areas of responsibility. Taking responsibility for the delivery of large areas of an overall program/project, with the client he develops, refines and realizes coherent transformation roadmaps to the clients business outcomes, often under the support of a IT Transformation Director. Where needed he assume control of external suppliers ensuring their alignment to the overall delivery roadmap. He is the contact for the management and team at the customer across all program/project phases. He supports and leads program/project reviews and audits. He leads or supports change, communication and deployment activities with the program/project customer and develops new opportunities as they arise.
• Qualification: 9 – 13 (3 years min relevant experience in the role), Bachelor’s Degree.
• Should be experienced in Business Change Management, Industrialization and Vendor Management
• Should be proficient in Architecture Knowledge, Project Financials, KPI´s & Reporting
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 17 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.