Capgemini, one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. Capgemini provides its clients with insights and capabilities that boost their freedom to achieve superior results through a unique way of working – the Collaborative Business Experience – and through a global delivery model called Rightshore®, which aims to offer the right resources in the right location at competitive cost. Present in 44 countries, Capgemini employs over 125,000 people worldwide.
Network Operations Manager
We are seeking a professional with experience to lead Network Services and Solutions for key clients, managing a team of approximately 30 people in the GTA. This position will report into Toronto Service Center.
This position will support the leadership by developing and leading teams of professional, technical staff capable of effectively providing Network Services as part of our Infrastructure Services Outsourcing practice. This includes but is not limited to voice, data, internet and remote technologies, leading sustainment and project activities.
The Manager will be accountable for the following:
· Managing staff across multiple geographic locations, providing all aspects of leadership, supervision and guidance to a team of professional technical staff ensuring they are capable of producing the required results.
· Providing coaching and mentoring to staff.
· Managing processes to administer and implement staff development, resource allocation, effort, and resource planning.
· Managing a yearly work program including the scheduling aspects of that work program in conjunction with the collective objectives of the division.
· Working collaboratively with peers, project managers, strategists and planners to determine appropriate staff requirements in each specialty area of the department to meet the needs of the business and our customers. Adapting personal development and recruitment plans to ensure that staff capabilities and numbers align with these requirements.
· Translating the customer and company goals and objectives into a direction which guides the work of the department.
· Providing leadership to staff so that they collaborate competently and with full commitment with each other in pursuing the goals set.
· Setting an effective framework of policies and procedures for the work of the Department and ensure compliance.
· Setting appropriate context for subordinates; share company strategies and policies, establish accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance and performance targets and expectations for continuous improvement.
· Ensuring staff is aware of their goals, objectives and performance expectations; provide formal performance assessments; take appropriate actions to resolve performance problems including discipline when required.
· Providing a safe and healthy work environment; know and ensure subordinates comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, corporate policies and procedures, and generally accepted practices relating to their work.
· Working within the bounds of the collective agreements where they are applicable for unionized work.
· Preparing the department budget for all costs such as labour, third party contracts and expenses; collaborate with the account teams regarding the demand and forecast.
· Financial accountability to meet the department’s budget; provide accurate forecasting and variance analysis on a monthly basis; ensure all approved time is current and accurate.
· Providing volume reporting to meet internal and customer bi