Inergi is a technology service centre wholly owned by Capgemini Canada Inc. Our focus is providing information technology solutions to the energy sector by leveraging our state of the art data centre and expertise in applications for energy companies. Inergi offers a broad range of information technology services including applications development and maintenance, web development, infrastructure and operations support. Our specialties within the application area are SAP, Passport, Microsoft Office and Oracle.
Capgemini, one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. Capgemini provides its clients with insights and capabilities that boost their freedom to achieve superior results through a unique way of working – the Collaborative Business Experience – and through a global delivery model called Rightshore®, which aims to offer the right resources in the right location at competitive cost. Present in 44 countries, Capgemini reported 2012 global revenues of EUR 10.3 billion and employs over 125,000 people worldwide.
The successful candidate exhibits perseverance and a can-do attitude in supporting the PMs. The candidate of choice has solid financial experience and great dexterity with MS Suite tools, great time management skills in being able to manage multiple tasks at once, as well as great communication skills. This job requires a positive attitude in dealing with a number of time sensitive issues and ability to influence and incent others.
Location: The Inergi Project Control Officer will work mainly from our downtown office. This position will require you also to work about 20% from our offices in Markham and Richmond Hill. From time to time the job may require other sites in Ontario in support of the Project Managers. These percentages are approximate and subject to change in future as the business requirements vary.
1. Performing project management activities to support Project Managers. Working with clients, suppliers, vendors and consultants to gather, analyze and store information and track project costs. Ensuring project staff complies with the project management methodologies and that all stakeholders adhere to relevant policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Communicating with stakeholders to ensure they have the necessary information so that the project is completed and implemented on time and within budget.
2. Providing regular updates and reports on the progress of the project to clients and stakeholders. Preparing, updating and distributing a variety of project procedures, documents and reports.
3. Leading a team of information technology and business specialists, on small projects or segments of larger projects, established to address clients’ business requirements and resolve system problems. Planning, scheduling and coordinating their work to ensure the project is completed and implemented on time and within budget.
4. Providing new Project Managers with information on the processes, procedures and documentation used in the Project Delivery Group.
5. Maintain Gantt charts in Clarity / Open Workbench (or equivalent). Create executive level presentations. Maintain meeting schedules, arrange project meetings, and publish minutes. Monitor timesheet compliance
The successful candidate will have a single focus on delivering the above accountabilities to the client and to the senior PMs he/she supports. The candidate is able to manage many activities with critical timelines and negotiate with the various service lines and stakeholders the successful completion of the deliverables. Once the candidate is able to demonstrate these attributes, small projects may be assigned to the PCO on an as-needed basis.
It is key that the candidate be self-motivated and a self-starter in this role.