Yesterday, I had the opportunity to participate in my first Twitter Chat. The chat was presented by Capgemini and Pega, with a special guest moderator Sebastien Meunier. Sebastien and I met out in Las Vegas last year where we both had the opportunity to attend as Analytics Insiders at World of Watson. He is well known in the social space as a leading influencer in InsurTech and FinTech.
We had over 250 contributors engaged in the Twitter Chat (#FSFuture) sharing over 1,000 tweets with a reach of over 1.6 million accounts. The discussion covered the full spectrum of of topics including Customer Experience, Open Banking &APIs, RPA, AI and Machine Learning, Blockchain, and much more.
You can check out the Twitter Moment from the event which includes a sample of 100 tweets from the discussion.
Below are the eight topics we covered.
- Providing exceptional #CX is key to avoid commoditization. What should Financial Services do to engage better with customers?
- #API markets, developer hubs... Is #openbanking an opportunity or a threat for incumbents? What are the benefits for banks?
- What are the key success factors to deploying Robotics Process Automation in Financial Services?
- What are the most promising applications of #MachineLearning / Cognitive Computing in Financial Services?
- Will #blockchain technology deeply transform FS or merely improve business processes with cryptography?
- Does #Fintech create any potential compliance issues? How does #RegTech fit into the dynamic?
- Tech firms enter FinServ. Should banks enter other industries? What non-financial product/service could they offer?
- Describe the bank of the future in less than 5 words
Thanks to all who contributed to the fun and insightful event. I look forward to doing it again soon!