This years’ report was very special considering emergence of newer industry trends like DevOps, Internet of Things and increased adoption of cloud, virtualization. This rapid adoption of digital strategies across all industries over the past 12 months has a huge impact on the way QA and Testing is carried out. This report observes the focus of QA function on customer value security and IT quality. This report also observers the change of role of Testing functions, rise of new roles like Software Development Test Engineers. The observation of QA function is maturing in terms of adopting agile testing, environment management, and virtualization is very evident from the downward trend of challenges in these functions (people, process, tools and technology) as well increased usage of better cloud, tools, virtualized environment and data generation techniques. Another sign of maturity of TCoE seen from the trends is developing a hybrid (combination of in-house and leveraging vendor partners). The overall automation has increased significantly from 28% last year to 45% this year.
While there are signs of QA functional maturing and accelerating but there are causes of concerns as well. The Testing budget has continued on its climb which is unprecedented and worrying from 26% last year to 35%. The reason for worry is multifold a) There are downward trends of reduction in the challenges in tools, process and technology b) Increased automation % b) reduction challenges on skills and emergence of new roles. All these trends should reduce the total cost of quality but that does not seem to be case. Another cause of concern is increased use of production data for testing, this is one area still need focus. Other common causes for concerns are still lot of manual testing, frequent application level challenges restricting high level of automation.
In short DevOps, Agile and Digital Transformations have not only enabling more integration with Development and other teams but also bringing in more integrated automation.
Here are the key observations from World Quality Report 2015
- A focus on customer value and the impact of IT quality on the end-user experience is a driving force
- QA and Testing budgets have experienced an unprecedented, and worrying, climb
- Digital Transformation is a factor in all industries and geographies, although there are marked maturity differences
- Security is now the most pressing concern making an impact on today’s IT strategies
- Agile and DevOps adoption calls for extreme levels of testing speed and integration
- Both mobile and omni-channel are integral to the customer experience aspirations of today’s digital enterprise
- The traditional Testing Center of Excellence (TCOE) is evolving in more agile and hybridized form, and a new mix of skills is emerging
- Test environments are being enhanced with virtualization and cloud solutions
- Level of test automation is increasing
- Re-focus QA and Testing on customer experience and business assurance
- Transform the traditional Test Center of Excellence (TCOE) in response to the growing adoption of agile and DevOps
- Make continuous and automated security testing a key strategy
- Prioritize testing using predictive analytics and continuous feedback during the software development cycle (SDLC)
- Keep investing in test automation and move towards continuous test automation
- Continue to build virtualization and cloud testing platform capabilities to align with the move towards DevOps.
- Expand the skills of testing teams beyond manual and test automation