Oooh I can! It’s the familiar sound of the cash register! Admittedly, there will always be some challenges, whether internal or external, however, here are a few reasons explaining why I can hear ka-ching ka-ching more frequently now than ever before:
- To ease the shopping experience for online customers, all cross-selling opportunities were removed from the website
- Each call-to-action message is now clear and straight to the point
- The website’s copy was modified to supply comprehensive product descriptions
- The position of opt-in offers were risen on the pages to help increase acquisitions
- The site was split-tested to help understand which design of site would be preferred by the targeted audience
- Product pages were enhanced with videos to allow customers to see how the products could be used
- The option for customers to leave reviews about the products they bought from the site were added because, as the saying goes, if they want then I want it too!
- The site now offers special treatment for repeat customers, such as loyalty offers and discount schemes
- Analysis of the ‘about us’ page showed it was either the second or third page in a path or had a higher volume of visits than expected and thus, it became clear the website’s homepage was not performing as the shop window.