“Police organizations are fundamentally re-thinking their police business operating models in response to unprecedented change in society, technology, and crime – in a context of increased budget pressures. The answer of Capgemini is a solution called t-Police: enabling more informed and connected police services through an integrated law enforcement solution – enhancing the frontline and support functions.”In a serie of blogs, I will give more insight and details about the story behind the t-Police solution.
Within the evolving landscape of police organisations we have focused our efforts on providing business solutions that enable police organizations to:
- Focus resources on the communities they serve
- Access and share actionable information to reduce crime
- Deliver an economically sustainable policing service
- Limited resources – How can we reduce crime, enforce the law and protect the public with limited resources?
- High cost / low value of legacy IT – How do we reduce costs and demonstrate IT’s potential as a valuable tool for both front line officers and to ensure the smooth functioning of headquarters.
- Fragmented investigation, evidence, and intelligence information – How can we create a trusted environment for sharing critical information across departments and jurisdictions?
- Inability to analyze and act on criminal and emergency information – How can we identify trends and patterns so as to anticipate and prevent incidents – based on a single view across all available information?
- Tier 1: A deputy officer, responsible for each area;
- Tier 2: Subordinate middle managers/officers, managing the day-to-day business;
- Tier 3: First line managers/officers, directing the rank-and file personnel.
Next: Bringing together field and support operations