Beyond the buzz:
The new face of integration
To make the most of agility, speed, and experimentation of a digital enterprise, leaders need to find new technologies and ways to evolve their capabilities.
Examples of how enterprises in different sectors can integrate the Internet of Things
- Connected Cars: Automatic crash notification and stolen vehicle tracking to protect the driver and the vehicle
- Vehicle Auto-diagnosis: Information collection from CanBus to send real time alarms to emergencies or provide advice to drivers
- Indoor Air Quality: Monitoring of toxic gas and oxygen levels inside chemical plants to ensure workers and goods safety
- Temperature Monitoring: Control of temperature inside industrial and medical fridges with sensitive merchandise
3. Consumer Products and Retail
- Smart inventory: Tracking of inventory status and replenish at economic reordering level
- Smart logistics: Track shipping and goods for better control over shipping and suggest right quantity of goods per shipping
- Intelligent shopping apps: Getting advices in the point of sale according to customer habits, preferences, presence of allergic components for them or expiring dates
- Supply chain control: Monitoring of storage conditions along the supply chain and product tracking for traceability
4. Leisure and hospitality
- Swimming pool remote measurement: Control remotely the swimming pool conditions
- Potable water monitoring: Monitor the quality of tap water in cities • Water Leakages: Detection of liquid presence outside tanks and pressure variations along pipes
- Photovoltaic Installations: Monitoring and optimization of performance in solar energy plants &
6. Public Sector
- Smart Parking :Monitoring of parking spaces availability in the city
- Structural health: Monitoring of vibrations and material conditions in buildings, bridges and historical monuments
- Waste Management: Detection of rubbish levels in containers to optimize the trash collection routes
- Smart Roads: Intelligent Highways with warning messages and diversions according to climate conditions and unexpected events like accidents or traffic jams
Three things every enterprise should consider to speed up its digital transformation
1. Fast vision
No digital transformation can happen without the right strategic vision to set the journey on the right path.
2. Fast design
Taking a Lean Start-up approach can stimulate collaboration between teams and generate new ideas. Put user experience at the forefront to prioritize the solutions to develop first.
3. Fast delivery
Gather data insights and measure the outputs to keep improving the user experience or pivoting when needed.