Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) are not new, but recent advances in computational power, storage, graphics processing, and high-resolution displays have helped overcome some of the constraints that have stood in the way of the widespread use of these immersive technologies. According to IDC, global spending on AR/VR is now expected to reach $17.8 billion in 2018, an increase of nearly 95% over the $9.1 billion estimate for 2017.
AR and VR in today’s enterprise
Given this impetus, we wanted to understand more about the current state of play with AR/VR in the enterprise. We surveyed executives at 700+ companies, including 600 companies who are either experimenting with or implementing AR/VR; spoke with AR/VR-focused leadership at global companies, start-ups, and vendors; and analyzed over 35 use cases, with a particular focus on:
- The use of AR/VR for internal industrial company operations, including, but not limited to, design, engineering, and field services
- The automotive, utility, and discrete manufacturing sectors.
This research focuses on organizations that have initiated their AR/VR journey, whether by experimentation or implementation, and aims to answer a number of questions:
- How is AR/VR being used today?
- Where should organizations invest – what are the use cases that generate the most value?
- How can companies either begin or evolve their initiatives?
These technologies have already come so far but they continue to evolve at a rapid pace.
Download and subscribe
Download the report to see what benefits AR and VR can bring to your business.
To receive an advanced copy of new reports from the Capgemini Research Institute, subscribe here…