Web developer (GIS)
For our GIS skill center, which is part of our Custom Software Development (CSD) practice,, Capgemini is looking for junior-medior developers with experience in, or the aptitude for, developing graphical web applications.
You will support our customers in analyzing, designing, implementing and testing GIS solutions in national and international organizations.
In collaboration with your Project Manager, you will be responsible for the quality of the solution you develop.
As a GIS consultant, you will manage the scope and quality of your own development activity, coach other engineers on challenging missions, or assume responsibility over a team of developers while remaining responsible of the overall integration of the solution.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education and work experience
- Bachelor or Master degree with a major software engineering component in the curriculum
- 1-3 years of experience developing web applications and/or GIS applications
- Experience in software engineering and development, preferably (but not essential) with graphical/mapping applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Java or Python development environment:
- .Net environment:
- Visual Studio 2012 or higher
- C#, WCF, ASP.NET
- Continuous integration tools (e.g. Team Foundation Server)
- Java environment:
- Java tools: Maven and Jenkins and Eclipse.
- MVC pattern
- Python environment
- Python 3.6 or 2.7
- We Framework: Django or Pyramid
- Qt (UI interface from QGIS)
- ArcPy or PyQGis)
- .Net environment:
- Knowledge in Web development
- Basic knowledge and some experience of SQL and (spatial) RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL and PostGIS, SAP HANA Spatial
- Innovative spirit; hands-on exposure to new technologies and trends (OGC standards, mobile applications; personal navigation)
- Consultant profile : flexibility in assignments/ working for different clients
- Team player
Nice to have but not required
- Knowledge of Esri GIS API’s en SDK’s, OGC API’s of Geo-ICT in general is a plus.
- Prior experience with a leading GIS packages (Esri, Intergraph, GE Smallworld) or Open source GIS like GeoServer is a plus
- Experience with integration of maps in SAP UI5 is a plus
Languages and mobility
- Resident in Belgium
- Fluent oral communication skills in French, Dutch and English
- Fluent writing in mother tongue (Dutch or French) AND English
- Ability to express, read and write in Dutch
- Geographic mobility. You must be ready to accept assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially in surrounding countries (FR, UK, NL)
- A unique environment for your personal development
- A career where high performance is rewarded and where freedom, industrialization, innovation and trust are in the spotlight
- Working with other GIS addicts and customers in challenging and complex GIS missions in Belgium and abroad
- Wide range of training and learning opportunities
- A good salary package