Medior/Senior GIS Consultant / Functional analyst
BELGIUM – GIS, ESRI, ArcGIS, Intergraph, G/Technology, GeoServer, Open source GIS, Smallworld, OGC standards, WMS/WFS, Utilities, Telecom, Process modelling, Functional design, UML, Use cases, BPMN – Dutch/French/English.
For our GIS skill center, which is part of our Custom Software Development (CSD) practice, Capgemini has an opening for an medior/senior level GIS consultant / Functional analyst.
You will support our clients in the public, utility and telecom sectors with analyzing and documenting GIS-related business processes, writing business requirements, producing functional business specifications, contributing to blueprint documents, producing test scenario’s and overall supporting the implementation of enterprise GIS solutions that are often integrated with ERP, enterprise content management or asset management solutions.
In collaboration with the Project Manager and other project team members you will be responsible for the quality of the solution that is developed from initial solution design stage till go-live.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education and work experience
- Master degree in GIS, Geography, Software Engineering or other relevant domain component;
- Around 3-5 years’ experience in consultancy, with proven experience in a role as business analyst or functional analyst within a Geo-ICT context.
- A working knowledge of at least one of the leading GIS technology suites (Esri ArcGIS, Intergraph G/Technology, GE Energy Smallworld or Open Source GIS);
- Proven experience analyzing business requirements and functional design as part of a Geo-ICT implementation project in a larger organization;
- Experience with process modelling techniques using BPMN and UML-diagrams such as use case diagrams and sequence diagrams;
- Capability to “talk business” and “think process”;
- Experience in the utilities, telecom, retail or public sector;
- Experience with implementation planning and estimating work tasks;
- Familiarity with software development techniques and scrum;
- Basic testing concepts and testing best practices;
- Capability to participate in pre-sales activities and strong presentation skills;
- Ability to give guidance to more junior team members (junior functional and/or technical analysts);
- Basic understanding of an ERP system (such as SAP) and its function in a large organization in the utilities or telecom sector is a plus;
- Basic working knowledge of databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL or SAP HANA Spatial is a plus.
- Basic scripting experience in Python or SQL is a plus.
- Innovative spirit; hands-on exposure to new technologies and trends (OGC standards, mobile applications; personal navigation, geoanalytics, ..);
- Consultant profile: flexibility in assignments / working for different clients;
- Team player.
Languages and mobility
- Resident in Belgium;
- Fluent oral communication skills in French, Dutch and English;
- Fluent writing in mother tongue (Dutch or French) AND English;
- Geographic mobility. You must be ready to accept assignments anywhere in Belgium.
- A unique environment for your personal development;
- A career where high performance is rewarded and where freedom, industrialization, innovation and trust are in the spotlight;
- Working with other GIS addicts and customers in challenging and complex GIS missions in Belgium and possibly abroad;
- Wide range of training and learning opportunities;
- A good salary package.