Experienced GIS architect / developer
For our GIS skill center, which is part of our Custom Software Development (CSD) practice, Capgemini has an opening for an experienced GIS architect / developer.
You will support our customers in the public, utility and telecom sectors in analyzing, designing, implementing and testing enterprise GIS solutions integrated with ERP, enterprise content management or asset management solutions.
In collaboration with your Project Manager , you will be responsible for the quality of the solution that you develop from initial solution design stage till go-live.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education and work experience
- Master degree with a major GIS and/or software engineering component in the curriculum (a bachelor degree complemented with relevant experience will also be considered)
- Around 5 – 8 years experience in software consulting business with at least 3 years experience in GIS software development and GIS architecture and solution design.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the leading GIS technology suites (ESRI ArcGIS, Intergraph G/ Technology, GE Energy Smallworld).
- Good understanding of technical networking concepts and infrastructure knowledge (solution sizing, virtualization, network security, authentication, …)
- Proven experience blueprinting and shaping a GIS solution, detailing both applications architectures and infrastructure architecture, and integration with non-GIS systems such as an ERP (e.g SAP) or an Enterprise Content Management system (e.g. Opentext, Sharepoint).
- Experience with implementation planning and estimating;
- Capability to participate in pre-sales activities and strong presentation skills;
- Capability to talk “business”, ”think process”, analyze functional requirements;
- Preferably experience with GIS implementation in larger organization, either public or utilities;
- Ability to lead a small development team, giving guidance to more junior developers and assuming responsibility of the overall solution.
- Knowledge and some experience of SQL and (spatial) RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SAP HANA Spatial
- Innovative spirit; hands-on exposure to new technologies and trends (OGC standards, mobile applications; personal navigation)
- Consultant profile : flexibility in assignments/ working for different clients
- Team player
Nice to have but not required
- Experience with SAP HANA, integration of maps in SAP UI5
- Experience with Open source GIS such as Geoserver.
- Experience developing mobile GIS solutions.
Languages and mobility
- Resident in Belgium
- Fluent oral communication skills in French, Dutch and English
- Fluent writing in mother tongue (Dutch or French) AND English
- Ability to express, read and write in Dutch
- Geographic mobility. You must be ready to accept assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially in surrounding countries (FR, UK, NL)
- A unique environment for your personal development
- A career where high performance is rewarded and where freedom, industrialization, innovation and trust are in the spotlight
- Working with other GIS addicts and customers in challenging and complex GIS missions in Belgium and abroad
- Wide range of training and learning opportunities
- A good salary package