The Financial Services division of Capgemini is looking for a Data Scientist.
- Perform Advanced Analytics ( including Big Data Analytics ) to meet business requirements
- Use statistical, mathematical, and predictive modeling skills to build a comprehensive platform for data analysis
- Use Business Intelligence tools including visualization, Excel and other BI Tools to create analytical models
- Integrate data sets and work with multiple systems to extract and use data for deeper analysis
- Use the Hadoop environment with Hive querying skills
- Build data models using programming languages and scripts(E.g- R)
- Have an understanding of and use skills for Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modelling, and Hypothesis Testing.
- Master, PhD or equivalent degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Machine Learning or a related field
- 5+ years experience with statistical analysis.
- 2+ years experience working in a Hadoop environment.
- 2+ years experience and hands-on knowledge of R to develop statistical models
- In depth knowledge and competence in SQL
- Experience working with Hadoop (Cloudera, Apache, Hortonworks, etc.) and working with MapReduce development, using Pig and Hive
- Advanced skills/expertise in data mining, text mining or distributed computing
- Proficiency at transforming data, data classification and translations, as well as resolving data quality, data linkages and data cleansing issues
- Intermediate design and use of relational databases including experience working with dimensional modeling, star schemas and working with time-series data
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Hbase, CouchDB
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Strong communications skills as well as liaising with stakeholders
- Excellent consulting and advisory skills and background in requirements solicitation and synthesis
- Team player
- Stress resistant
- Active listening and comprehension
- Customer oriented
- Qualitative result driven
Languages and mobility
- Permanent residency in Belgium
- Fluent in English
- Dutch and French with at least one of both on a mother tongue or bilingual level
- Geographic mobility – you are open to discuss assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially abroad
Capgemini is committed to helping you achieve your potential and offer a competitive remuneration package. Together, we’ll determine the career path that will take you as far as you want to go. At Capgemini, you have the opportunity to benefit from merit-based promotion, build your network, grow your knowledge and participate in and contribute to a global team that acts with passion, commitment and integrity. There are different kinds of opportunities available to you in our Outsourcing, Technology or Consulting discipline and the major industries we serve.
Play a role in the team. Use your insight and intellect to influence and lead. Capgemini offers you the freedom to be outstanding.