With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Main Purpose of the Role
We are seeking to recruit a bright, talented and commercially astute lawyer to the Benelux Legal Team. The successful candidate will work closely with a broad range of internal clients and management and will advise on a wide variety of commercial issues and transactions, varying greatly in nature, complexity and value, as well as ad hoc legal issues.
Applications are welcomed from a pragmatic, driven and hands-on lawyer with minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in-house or in private practice. Experience in IT law is a preference. The role will include working as part of the wider global Capgemini legal team.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include
- supporting the commercial legal work on all phases of deals, ranging from the proposal/bid review stages through to negotiation and post signature issues. This includes helping determine strategic positions regarding that work;
- supporting the commercial legal work for contract negotiations for the provision of IT, outsourcing (including business process outsourcing) and consultancy services;
- working as part of the BENELUX Legal team and helping it provide innovative legal solutions for the Capgemini business;
- working as part of the global legal team on global initiatives, including on occasions international transactions;
- ancillary legal support, include supporting legal sign-off on deals (including through the BENELUX & Group legal sign-off processes) and policy drafting; and
- to the extent necessary, liaise with business stakeholders and our external lawyers.
- assistance with dispute resolution (managing external litigators) and working as part of the global legal team on global initiatives, including on occasions international transactions.
- Excellent grasp of general commercial and contract law, preferably gained in an IT or transactional environment;
- Draft, review and negotiate a large scope of commercial contracts and provide adequate risk assessment and advice from a legal perspective;
- Proficiency in understanding and managing risks arising out of your work;
- Strong commercial skills and understanding;
- Proficient in verbal and written communications, both in Dutch, French and English;
- Proactively suggests improvements to processes and ways of working based on feedback and personal insight;
- Proficient in assessing client requirements, preferences and expectations;
- Is able to apply judgement to decision making based on past experience and available data;
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in own area and can apply it effectively;
- Maintains & enhances subject matter expertise in line with changing business needs;
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team;
- Creates, seeks and acts upon opportunities to obtain and share knowledge (methodologies, technologies and best practices) for the benefit of both the Company knowledge base and each individual Capgemini employee;
- Knowledge of Data Protection regulations shall be considered as a plus.