By January, 2018 banks must comply with the EU’s second Payment Services Directive (PSD2), intended to improve online payment protection, encourage payment services innovation, and make cross-border payments safer. Capgemini’s market-ready solution helps banks and PSPs meet compliance requirements and turn PSD2 into a business opportunity.
PSD2: A Blessing or a Curse for European Bankers?
PSD2 affects every part of the payment value chain, especially those with high innovation potential such as acquisition. Among the impacts, banks must provide third parties with controlled account access. This brings disintermediation risk and lowers the barriers to entry for new value-added service providers. To remain competitive, banks should view PSD2 as a value creation opportunity rather than a compliance responsibility. As they consider strategic options, collaboration and APIs are essential pieces.
Turn PSD2 into a Digital Opportunity
Capgemini’s API-based, market-ready solution enables banks and PSPs to achieve PSD2 compliance in a structured, controlled, and accelerated manner while turning the regulation into a digital opportunity to unlock new business models.
- Capgemini’s Immediate API platform enables rapid release of APIs, lowering out of pocket costs for API build. Our Open API program encompasses API strategy, monetization support, API factory blueprint, and API analytics.
- Our proven and tested compliance approach, leveraging PSD compliance tool, assessment checklists, and pre-built PSD2 APIs, jumpstarts your compliance program, reduces risk, and reduces cost of compliance by up to 50%*.
- Our integrated developer portal and access to Capgemini’s Applied Innovation Exchange(AIE) platform, provide the ability to seamlessly manage an Open Innovation ecosystem.
* In comparison with a greenfield solution if a bank decides to custom build all of the APIs
Bringing a holistic API strategy, we help banks prepare for Open Banking, leapfrog to the Open API economy, and manage an open innovation ecosystem.
- Capgemini’s proven experience, best practices, and pre-built tools help maximize benefits. Our solution is supported by our partner ecosystem, including Amazon Web Services, Mulesoft, and many more.
- Capgemini’s PSD compliance tool, based on vast experience with PSD compliance, helps accelerate time to benefits and reduce risks while providing audit trails and comprehensive reporting.
Our solution is backed by more than 30 years of experience in payments and the banking industry. We are one of very few providers with experience managing large-scale API programs.
- For one of our clients, we managed the delivery of 86 API endpoints supporting 20 million unique consumers and 1.5 Billion GBP revenue.