A curation of events across Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Adelaide to empower our Women@Capgemini community and celebrate gender diversity in the workplace. Our team warmly invites you to be involved in our line up of thought leadership discussions on gender equality, diversity and inclusion, the future of work and navigating career challenges in the tech industry.
Launch Event: Mon., 26 August 2019, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
The underrepresentation of women in the workplace has become a huge topic of focus for the Australian government and organisations. To kick off the week, join us for a panel discussion with representatives from leading organisations driving positive change in workplace gender equality, led by Susan Beeston, Managing Director of Capgemini Invent Australia.
- Kate Lee – Executive Engagement Manager at Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA)
- Amanda Crammon – NSW Public Service Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee Chair and Inclusion and Diversity Manager at NSW Department of Customer Service
- Verity Firth – Executive Director, Social Justice at the University of Technology Sydney, Former NSW Politician and Minister for women 2007-2009
Friday 30th August, 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Our businesses and the way we work are rapidly transforming with advancements in technology, subject to innovation and disruption. Our communities are also evolving to be increasingly diverse and we are becoming better at recognising diversity.
How can we leverage the ‘future of work’ as an opportunity to accelerate our progression towards a gender-equal and diverse workplace? How will inclusive design bring us closer to this ambition? What can be achieved if organisations embraced an inclusive design approach?
Join us for a breakfast panel discussion, where we share insights on the role diversity and inclusion can play in our future workforce.
Led by Steph Sands, Head of Diversity and Inclusion at Capgemini Australia
- Manisha Amin, CEO of Centre for Inclusive Design
- Mark Latchford, Executive at Pride in Diversity
- Sarah Morgan, Director of Enterprise Systems (Transformation) at the University of Sydney
- Susan Beeston, Managing Director of Capgemini Invent Australia as part of the panel.
Brekky will be provided.
Launch Event: Mon., 26 August 2019, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
It’s no secret in society that women are underrepresented in the workplace, with IT being no exception.
Join us for a night of growth and listen to the insights provided from the female industry leaders who are spearheading the shift into a fairer, more productive workplace across the Australian IT industry.
Friday 30th August, 7.45 am – 10:00 am
We stand on the brink of what will fundamentally alter the way we live, work and how we relate to one another. Therefore, what do we need to:
- Meet the chasing demands of our customers, Leverage diversity to lead the change and Ensure we foster a safe work environment for change
- Join us for a breakfast panel discussion on how we can co-create the future of work together with Humans and Machines, to meet the disruption of Cognitive Intelligence, AI and automation in the workforce.
The discussion will be hosted by the Founder of The Graceful Collective, Lucy Allen, who is on a mission to empower high achieving women to fulfil their potential and live their best lives. Lucy will be joined by:
- Clyde Fernandez –Regional Director, Enterprise Platform at Salesforce
- Karen O’Connor – CTO at Launder and Rogers
- Lisa Cutler – Founder and Director of Cutler Coaching
- Dheeren Velu – Director, AI at Capgemini Invent
- Briana Barker – STEM Student at Monash University
Fri., 30 August 2019, 7:30 am – 9:00 am
Join us for a breakfast panel discussion, where we share insights on the role of gender balance and inclusion can play in our future workforce.
The discussion will be hosted by Pete Miller, Head of Capgemini South Australia, who is on a mission to energise, engage and empower the community by bringing awareness to Adelaide.
We are thrilled to also have the following guest speakers share their insight;
- Jane Reilly – APJ Partner Direct, Strategic Partnerships at SAP
- June Homan – Director Application Delivery at Department of Human Services
- Dawn Hudspeth – Senior Manager, SAP Capability, Capgemini Australia
- Dr Richard Price – Senior Manager, Data Analytics, Capgemini Australia
Mon., 26 August 2019, 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
The discussion will be hosted by Brigitta Norton, Canberra Lead of Idean (the Service Design Agency of Capgemini Invent), who is a strong advocate and promoter of diversity and inclusion initiatives at Capgemini.
We are excited to have these guest speakers share their insights (more panelists are being confirmed):
- Ingrid McCarthy – Chief Operating Officer for ASTRO 3D
- Peta Swarbrick – President of Canberra Women in Business
- Asha Clementi – Co-founder of The Girls Leadership Network and Co-chair of Girls Run the World
Drinks and nibbles will be provided. Please contact us if you have any dietary or accessibility requirements.
Fri., 30 August 2019, 8:oo am – 9:30 am
We welcome discussion, so come along and support diversity and inclusion in the workplace at this “You CAN ask that!” session and be a part of Women@Capgemini week celebrations.
Panel members are
- Intro/Host – Paul Hyland
- Vivienne Nguyen – Associate Consultant – PMO Coordinator
- Jill Hilton – Manager – SAP Specialist
- Mildred Guarin – Manager – Cloud Services Business Analysis
- Brigitta Norton – Senior Manager – Canberra Lead for Idean (Service Design Agency of Capgemini Invent)
We will be providing a scrumptious breakfast so we request you RSVP by Monday 26th August.