A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Solution Designer with extensive experience in data science and data visualisation with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Solution Designer will report to the lead architect on the program and be a part of the Technical/Architecture Design Authority. The solution design will take direction from the architecture team / lead as required. The Solution designer will also work closely with the project lead/feature lead and with the team providing support as required on technical design. The solution lead may take direction from the project lead/feature lead. The Solution Designer Roles and Responsibilities include designing the essential core building block’s that make up a technical solution. This means producing a modular and flexible design that meets the business requirements.
- Providing design and technical guidance to feature teams performing big data ingestion, Curation and Conformance.
- Be a focal design and technical guide for data engineers including pattern design, development and technical direction.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand business goals and support delivery outcomes.
- Ensure design is consistent and relevant to meet the standards and direction of design teams and architectural design authority.
- Able to work with cross program and platform teams to drive design decision and develop solutions.
- Direct and if required build technical solutions.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be considered for. this role, you must have the following experience:
- Experience in AWS services design.
- Experience designing event driven applications & real time data solutions using Kafka (various connectors and sinks).
- Experience building monitoring/alerting framework for Data pipelines.
- Experience with ElasticDB and Kibana.
- Experience in building data pipelines for data lake.
- Experience in orchestration tools such as Control-M, Airflow, Jenkins etc.
- Experience in Informatica BDM/PowerCenter tools
- Experience with API design/developments.
- Experience with JAVA/Python/Spark development
- Experience with EMR/Hive and Apache Ranger
- Strong communications skills
- Strong technical team leadership, mentorship and collaboration
- Ability to develop technical relationships with end-users
- Ideally a broad set of technical skills and knowledge across hardware, software, systems and solutions development
- Education level – Degree in Computer Science or. related field
- 9+ years of technical solutions experience including 4+ years of in a combination of relevant Big Data/Analytics areas
- Big Data/Analytics(AI/ML) frameworks
- Understanding of underlying infrastructure for Big Data Solutions
- Understanding/Experience with data modelling concepts such as Data Vault & others
- Experience designing, building and operating cloud services in IT, Systems Integrator or Service Provider
- Understanding of Financial Services Industry would be advantage
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.