A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company with 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. In 2017 the Group achieved €12.8 billion in revenue. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Solution Designer with relevant consulting and communication skills and with a proven track record of delivery to join our team. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Solution Designer will report to the lead architect on the program and be a part of the Technical/Architecture Design Authority. The solution design will take direction from the architecture team / lead as required. The Solution designer will also work closely with the project lead/feature lead and with the team providing support as required on technical design. The solution lead may take direction from the project lead/feature lead. The Solution Designer Roles and Responsibilities include designing the essential core building block’s that make up a technical solution. This means producing a modular and flexible design that meets the business requirements.
Providing design and technical guidance to feature teams performing big data ingestion and curation activity.
- Be a focal design and technical guide for data engineers and metadata analysts for ingestion work including pattern design, development and technical direction.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand business goals and support delivery outcomes for technical design – ensure design is consistent and relevant to meet the standards and direction of design teams and architectural design authority.
- Direct and if required build technical solutions.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be considered for this role, you must have the following experience:
- Experience in AWS services design.
- Experience designing event driven applications using Kafka (various connectors and sinks).
- Experience building monitoring/alerting framework for Data pipelines.
- Experience with ElasticDB and Kibana.
- Experience with API design/developments..
- Strong Experience with JAVA/Python development
- Strong communications skills
- Strong technical team leadership, mentorship and collaboration
- Ability to develop technical relationships with end-users
- Ideally a broad set of technical skills and knowledge across hardware, software, systems and solutions development
The following qualifications would be advantageous:
- Education level – Degree in Computer