A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people.Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a number of Software Engineer with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities
As the Software Engineer, you are considered to be a subject matter expert in your field of excellence. This role involves leading complex business reengineering development projects and to solve organizational problems through IT solutions. You will perform requirements analysis, design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Some of your day to day activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. You will also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and / or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Proficiency ingeneral purpose programming languages J2EE, Scala or Python
- 8+ Years’ Experience with the following technologies: Java, Spring Framework, JMS, REST APIs, Kafka, Spring Boot, NoSQL, AWS.
- Strong hands on experience developing and operating large-scale messaging systems using Kafka would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Kafka performance controls, security, scalability, and operational proficiency would be advantageous
- Experience implementing automated CI/CD environment leveraging DevOps best practices.
- Experience working with AWS services such as SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Lambda, S3.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis and visualization tools such as Kibana.
- Experience with design and developing data reconciliation & metadata driven data processing frameworks.
- A core requirement is solid fundamentals of software engineering; regardless of programming language/ Big Data project or otherwise,Java vs Python or Spark vs Hive is advantageous, with a focus on, problem solving skills, comfort level to write code for a specific use-case, and at least a basic understanding of object-oriented principles/data structures
- Experience with Kafka/Elastic
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.