The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Managed Services provides Application Development & Application Management Services as well as Delivery Assurance & Quality Engineering Services across a variety of technologies for clients in multiple sectors. We’re looking for a Sydney or Melbourne based, Director level individual, to join our team and contribute to our growth ambitions for the Application Development & Maintenance (ADM) function and team.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
The role is responsible for driving service delivery that creates business opportunity through innovation whilst ensuring BAU activities are executed in line with client agreements. There is a focus on ensuring service is delivered within agreed cost and timescale, meeting the necessary quality standards and customer expectations; conducting client negotiations to agree terms the service, setting realistic expectations and ensuring commercial viability; and managing service teams.. Whilst maintaining a focus on delivery of service, the successful candidate will be part of the extended leadership team contributing to the growth of the portfolio, focusing on the development of our team and ensuring services are provided using best practices.
- Lead Service Delivery Management including all its processes and tooling, escalations, problem resolution and build strong client relationships
- Lead complex engagements providing direction to the teams
- Provide insight, thought leadership and innovation to ensure solutions meet client business goals
- Monitor and communicate the latest technology trends to ensure relevance and credibility
- Engage in client acquisition & development (sales): shape business opportunities and offerings through application of new technologies for client delivery and Capgemini services (accelerators)
- Actively coach and mentor others in the Application Development & Maintenance (ADM) community
- Lead and contribute to the development of the team’s capability
- Ensure the application of leading practice and methods to service delivery
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Experience in leading, motivating, and engaging large teams across diverse skill sets and cultures.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Service Delivery
- Demonstrable experience in conflict resolution
- Executive presence and gravitas to build relationships and influence at the ‘C-Level’ / ‘C-Suite’ / CXO level relationship internally across Sector and Sales teams and externally
- Ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive to the intended audience
- Several years’ experience of large complex outsourcing services delivery
- Demonstrable track record of contributing to new business, deepening the footprint of long-term clients, and opening and/or displacing incumbent providers
- Understanding of targeted industry business environments, issues, and trends particularly in any of the following: Utilities, Finance, Government, Products and Logistics sectors
- Ability to work in a global, matrix organization with on-shore & off-shore service delivery model and manage large matrix teams
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant – Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.