The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people.Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit Senior Data Engineers with relevant consulting and communication skills. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Senior Data Engineer is a subject matter expert in their field of excellence. The role of Senior Data Engineer involves leading complex business reengineering development projects and to solve organizational problems through IT solutions using Big Data concepts, Platform tools and software engineering languages as required.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing and implementing solutions to customers organisational problems;
- Providing high quality service delivery on engagements;
- Designing and developing data reconciliation & metadata driven data processing frameworks
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 3 years previous experience as a Data Engineer;
- 2+ years of AWS hands on technical experience;
- 2+ years experience in programming eg. Core Java/Python/Scala programming;
- 2+ years experience in Hadoop Stack eg. Hive, Spark (Core and Streaming), Kafka, Flink, NIFI;
- Experience working on stream transform using Spark Streaming or Flink;
- Experience working on change data capture in a big data ecosystem;
- Experience in building real time or batch ingestion and transformation pipelines;
- Experience supporting a production service in a DevOps friendly environment;
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams;
- Hands on experience in API and cloud-native architecture;
- Experience with Github and Jenkins;
- Experience with ‘container’ technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes);
- Experience wrangling data using library such as Pandas, Scikit-learn or Numpy;
- Experience using notebook such as Jupyter or Polyglot;
- Experience with test-driven development, test automation & continuous delivery;
- Experience in Java build automation technologies such as Gradle, Maven, Integration with Sonarqube etc.;
- Understanding of Financial Services Industry could be advantageous;
- Education level – Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience;
- AWS certification would be advantageous;
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.