A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people.The key objective of the Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice is to work in a unique, pioneering and collaborative way with our clients to provide unique and customised opportunities to turn data into insights. We help our clients to turn their digital vision into a compelling Insights & Data strategy that delivers tangible, measurable value. We also help to renew their existing data estate – achieving cost and agility benefits on the way – while becoming a truly digital, insightful enterprise.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Scrum Master is a servant leader of the project squad, who promotes and manages the agile methodology within squads. The Scrum Master should encourage self-organisation of the Scrum Team and allow them to make their own decisions with a focus on continuous improvement. They are responsible for facilitating agile ceremonies when required including daily stand-ups, short and long-term planning, estimation sessions and sprint retros. Scrum Masters are also expected to coordinate dependencies with other teams, establish and implement process frameworks and lead process improvement activities. Work with the Feature Lead to facilitate the day-to-day efficient operation of the squad and velocity, and develop and maintain clear communication and stakeholder management.
The responsibilties, skills and duties of the scrum master will include:
- Delivery planning with feature lead and team to make estimations;
- Maintain JIRA Hygiene, and prioritise and assign tasks to team member;
- Promote Agile way of working amongst team members;
- Manage changes and deployment into production;
- Ensure team is working at capacity;
- Manage team members that are part of the client organization;
- Develop and maintain communication and stakeholder management;
- Help drive analysis and engagements with stakeholders;
- Utilize individual strengths within the squad and ensuring that squad members work collaboratively to accomplish common goals;
- Ensure that the squad heads in the right direction from a technical standpoint;
- Maintaining cross-functionality in the squad;
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation;
- Manage releases and technical escalations with the feature team lead;
- Clear obstacles and impediments blocking the team and protect the team from external interruptions and distractions;
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be considered for this role you must have:
- 10 years of project/program management experience
- Have managed in a complex team/client environment
- Managed Big Data/Analytics programs – mandatory
- Understanding of Financial Services Industry could be advantageous.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skill and ability to influence;
- Has worked with senior client managers
- Sound Big Data / data lake – technical and analytical background;
- Experience within banking domain would be advantageous;
- Experience in solutions for data platforms/cloud native solutions would be advantageous;
- Project Management Certification
- Agile/SCRUM Certification
- Education level – Degree in Computer Science or related field;
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.