The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the role:
Release Leads /Managers are responsible for managing the release management process and team. They maintain change and release management policies and project release schedules and are the liaison between clients, project teams and stakeholders regarding change and release management issues. Sequences, deploys and manages the release of new technology features or enhancements into the production environment. Release Leads are classed as “Independent” and Managers as “Experience”. Other names: Build Manager, Release Coordinator, Build Release Manager, Product Release Lead, Technical Manager
- Planning release Cycle
- Managing Risks
- Measure and Monitor progress
- Infrastructure Management
- Communication of all key plans, commitment and changes.
- Managing relationships working on interrelated processes
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant – Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.