The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Digital Engineering and Manufacturing Services brings together deep domain expertise to lead the convergence of the physical and digital worlds through technology, engineering, and manufacturing expertise. Consulting, technology, and assets-led solutions enable global companies to unlock the true potential of their product portfolios and manufacturing efficiencies. We are looking for senior software engineer to join a team working on a mission-critical data aggregation and visualisation platform. Experienced programmers with a passion for the craft will find an interesting and challenging workplace where they can learn and excel.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Deep technical knowledge – you know the right approach for each situation, the challenges and the pitfalls, and confidently apply this to new problems
- Focused on delivering – deadlines are a reality, but you know where and how to make the compromise between short-term goals and long-term quality
- Design comes first – before you write code you’ve talked to the experts and stakeholders, you’ve sketched out designs and you know what you’re building
- Develop, maintain and evolve software architecture based on the requirements
- Design innovative solutions to real problems, develop and maintain a high performance, large scale system involving databases
- Communicate and work closely with the client, on-site teams, and offshore project teams
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Python, Linux, SQL (Postgres/PostGIS specifically, but other databases are required and there is a lot of common ground with databases)
- Networking, Architectural patterns
- Deployment and team tool technologies (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, git, Bash shell scripting)
- Familiarity with service oriented architectures
- Work on a code base as part of a team
- Solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
Good experience to have:
- Automation, CI/CD, testing, build systems
- Packaging, containerisation
- Cloud APIs, cloud architecture
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.