A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team:
Working as part of the broader Enabling function alongside Finance, IT, HR and Legal, our Administration/Business Support Services team work together to deliver outstanding results for our business.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
Supporting our corporate office based in the heart of the Adelaide CBD you will need to draw on your outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail to deliver a highly effective office coordination and administration support service. The role will be responsible for the overall office management function and will provide administrative support to the leader of our business in Adelaide. Being able to confidently liaise with partners, staff and clients will stand you in good stead, as will a strong sense of accountability and a commitment to delivering quality service. A background within a professional services or corporate environment would be ideal.
- Highly organised
- Efficient with excellent written and oral communication
- Passionate about the job and has a positive influence on office/team culture
- Likes to get involved
- Is friendly and highly approachable
- Gets the job done and happy to go above and beyond what is required
- Able to multi-task and prioritise
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Flexible in your approach, taking on new challenges and responsibility
- Pro-active, rather than reactive
- Able to work unsupervised
- Attention to detail
- Mindful of confidential and sensitive information
- An ability to incorporate Capgemini’s values (Fun, Modesty, Boldness, Team Spirit, Honesty, Trust, Freedom)
- Responsibility for ensuring workplace, health & safety requirements are being met
- Attend the workplace, health & safety committee meetings
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
Previous experience in a similar role within a professional services or corporate environment. The ability to provide proactive diary management, including scheduling of meetings and conference calls. Experience in email management, delegation, meeting preparation, report generation and presentation preparation. An aptitude for travel booking, together with management of expense reconciliations and the willingness to perform general administration duties.
- High professionalism and integrity
- Strong leader and influencer, adept at relationship building
- Strong initiative, analysis and problem assessment / resolution skills
- Decisive and results driven
- Quality focused
- Client focused
- Capable of coaching and mentoring lesser-experienced personnel
- Experienced negotiator and conflict manager
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and conflicting demands
- Political savvy and street-wise
- Tolerates high challenge / high stress project environments
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.