The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
We are looking for a talented, motivated, enthusiastic certified Oracle DBA Consultant, with a strong background and technical understanding.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities
• Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
• Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
• Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
• Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
• Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
• Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
• Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
• Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
• Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
Let’s talk about your capability and experience:
- Around 7-9 years of experience in Oracle or core DBA functions
- Must-have: Strong hands-on experience in Oracle Database (versions 11g-19c), RAC,ASM, Exadata or ExaCC/CS
- Respond to performance, capacity, or system-related events.
- Build and configure new systems and database cloning
- Maintain DMA standard operating procedures
- Ensure new and existing systems adhere to evolving security models
- Collaborate with Development and Infrastructure teams regularly on project requirements, performance analysis, and other
- Performance tuning, Able to do Database Cloning and Recovery (DR)
- Patch Oracle databases and Infrastructure and upgrade (ExaCS)
- High availability and backup/recovery.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX, Linux
- Build automation tools to streamline Infrastructure processes
- Oracle database installation
- Maintain Audit Requirements for changes executed by core DB work
- Prod and non-Prod Database Activities around upgrade, patching, Start/Stop/Backup cloud database and analysis
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant – Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.