At Capgemini Group, we are proud of our purpose “Unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future”. Our success is measured through our value creation, and our overall positive impact. Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting team at Capgemini Group. We ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients by combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise.
The focus of your role:
As a Lead Consultant, you will be passionate about enabling you to delight your customers and harness the strengths of your staff, suppliers, and partners in achieving your key business outcomes. You will be eager to involve clients in the design process, highly responsive to feedback, and excited to present your team’s ideas in front of executives.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a project team to achieve the highest level of performance without compromising timelines and team harmony
- Bring to the table a broad range of skills and diverse experience in approaches ranging from Human Centred Design, Agile, Lean, ITIL, PRINCE 2, TOGAF, through to contemporary culture change and innovation methods
- Set quality standards, with a deep understanding of the client’s goals, business requirements and constraints, for qualitative foundational & evaluative research, insight articulation, experience model development (e.g., customer journeys, behavioural archetypes, service blueprints, etc.), design and testing
- Ensure sustainable business outcomes are delivered across people, processes, partners and the underlying data & technology ecosystems
- Lead and contribute to develop insights, define, and prioritise opportunity areas, and envision concepts
- Lead and contribute to create meaningful customer/user feedback loops through build test & learn cycles
- Lead and contribute to prioritise MVP features, build a backlog, and create strategic product roadmaps
- You will collaborate on business development efforts with our BD Team and fellow discipline leaders – crafting approaches, writing proposals, and presenting to prospective clients
- You will ensure that the projects you lead continue beyond their initial scopes and identify additional opportunities within the client’s organisation
What you’ll bring:
- Strong demonstrated professional human centred design ‘thinking & doing’ consulting experience
- You will have broad industry (preferably banking) experience with a proven track record of successful delivery across major transformation and implementation programs and a depth of knowledge across a wide range of technology ecosystems and platforms
- Enterprise Architecture: Understanding of Capability model its Benefits, how to develop it for an enterprise, how it can be used etc.
- Different frameworks like TBM, APQC, ITIL etc and how they can be used in an enterprise.
- Process framework and how they align with other frameworks
- Understanding of BIAN
- ITIL – Service Design Process understanding and how it can relate to other ITIL practices
- Process modeling experience. BPNM understanding preferred
- Architecture modeling – Archimate understanding preferred
- ServiceNow – high level understanding of CSDM, CMDB, GRC, BCM modules
- Apptio – high level understanding of TBM model and how it is used in Apptio
- Signavio – good to have some understanding of BPNM and Process design.
- Other Architecture experience: Should be able to articulate the data and information architecture role in integrating different Enterprise Tools
- Understanding different aspects and benefits of Business Architecture with context to Value stream, customer journey map, service blueprint
- Proficiency with contemporary research, design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity our values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples functional and emotional needs
- An outstanding track record as a design leader and contributor for experience strategies, design systems, products, services, and customer experiences that delight customers/users and achieve business results
- High peer, end-user, or client satisfaction with the work products that you created
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills, with the ability to guide high performing teams using persuasion and influence (rather than command and control)
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Willingness to travel for research, project delivery, and client meetings
- A university degree in a relevant design, business, technology, or social science discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (corporate, agency/consultancy etc.)
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.