A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team:
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people.
Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit an Engagement Manager with relevant consulting and communication skills to join our team in Canberra. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or. have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
You will be considered a subject matter expert in Insights & Data Management, Architecture and solutioning. Your role will see you working across complex businesses, reengineering development projects to solve organizational problems through innovative IT solutions. You’ll experience variety, one day you could be working with the client to understand their business requirements, the next day you may be working with your team on how to resolve a complex business or technical challenge to keep a project on track.
Key aspects of your role will include:
- Working closely with key client stakeholder, you’ll manage a team to deliver complex data projects on time and on budget with a commercial eye on future opportunities.
- You will take responsibility for the people, the project delivery and aiming delivery excellence.
- Assist in engaging with the business customers on business processes and practices associated with the IT systems that implement, support or enable those processes and practices.
- Define project objectives, deliverables, critical success factors, assumptions, global and regional considerations, and resource requirements.
- Manage the delivery of projects across the full lifecycle, to required cost, timescale and quality parameters
- Define project prioritization, cost/benefit, potential risks, and feasibility.
- Ability to work with Business & IT stakeholder through open dialogues that manages their expectations & helps set agreed objectives
- Should be able to motivate & influence team members for accountability ensuring excellent deliverables.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be successful in this unique and challenging position you should have the following:
- Project Management experience delivering projects/programmes across one or more capabilities in the Insights & Data space.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle processes, experience of working in a large-scale program
- Market standard project management certifications are a must
- You will have worked on implementation of large data implementation projects.
- Agile/Scrum experience is a plus
- Experience of Project planning, Issue, risk and change management
- Experience of commercial negotiation for project delivery services
- Experience of management of delivery to budget, and associated financial reporting / forecasting to ensure you are aware of the financial performance of your projects
- You will have worked with complex, distributed delivery teams
- You will have coached, developed and people managed teams of at least 15 to 20 people
- Excellent communication skills with proven stakeholder management
- Proven capability to contribute to sales activities for securing new projects and work – contributing to proposals, creating priced delivery propositions and presenting these to clients
Due to the nature of our client, we can only consider Australian Citizens for this role.
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.