About the Team
The name Insights & Data reflects our aspiration to deliver insights at the point of action for the CXO, while at the same time emphasizing our role to support the CIO shaping the new data landscape. With the ongoing expansion of the social internet and the internet of things, big data has become a defining wave in our industry. We aspire to lead in the market of fast, big and smart data, data science, analytics and insights. Our clients can count on a global team of over 13,000 professional across 40+ countries, a complete catalogue of solutions, the most relevant partnership, a broad and cross-sector experience and references.
About the Role
Seeking an open source enthusiast to join us to work on a state of the art big data project. The project is the first large implementation of its kind in Canberra and will set an example for all future big data implementations.
- Ensure developed services are running seamlessly
- Setting up different development/staging/production environments in the cloud and on premises
- Provisioning of both cloud and on-premise services
- Building continuous integration pipelines
- Support data engineers in their day to day tasks
- Discovery and resolution of occurring errors and defects
- Plan and implement upgrades and changes for various implementations
- Documentation of issues, resolutions and processes
- Establish a state of the art provision of data services
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of and in depth experience with Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of networking and network security
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Exposure to Hadoop distributions and Big Data platforms advantageous
- Knowledge of/experience with scripting languages such as Ansible, Python, Perl or Bash highly regarded
- Experience with version control systems such Git or Mercurial advantageous
- Exposure to cloud services such as Azure or AWS
- In depth knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle
- Passion for open source technologies
- An existing Australian Government Security Clearance would be highly regarded
- Australian citizenship is mandatory for this role, please provide details of your citizenship/existing clearance in your application.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
What we can offer you?
Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience but you will also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the businesApply now