About our team:
Our Insight and Data team helps our clients make a better business decision-making by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people.
About our role:
We are looking for a superstar Data Scientist with a passion for problem solving and analysis. You are driven by finding patterns in large amounts of raw data and can build data products to extract valuable business insights and tackle complex business problems. You will be an excellent fit for this role if you are able to convert prototypes and ideas into fully fledged production-quality automated services. You will be surrounded by a team of extremely bright minds with limitless opportunities to pick up new skills to learn and grow.
Most importantly about you:
- You have a proven track record in creating commercial software using Python in a Linux environment
- You are experienced in developing and deploying componentised software applications, distributed systems, and/or virtual deployments
- You have a great enthusiasm for agile, continuous integration, and continuous development processes and tools
- You are confident handling data through relational databases such as Postgres and extensions
- You possess a solid understanding of software communication technologies such as ZMQ, Google Protocol Buffers or similar interface/middleware systems
- You have a desire to share meaningful insights and love to present qualitative and quantitative analysis
- You are able to test and evaluate multiple supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning such as Monte Carlo Simulations, Gaussian Processes, etc…
It would also be great if:
- You have knowledge of C++
- You are skilled in discrete or agent-based simulations
- You are skilled at working with geospatial data as well as time series
- You have specialised in statistical modelling and applied statistics
- You have some experience in academic research experience or experience in collaborating with universities.
What we’re offering:
Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you will also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping.
Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local professional services. Present in over 40 countries with more than 200,000 people, the Capgemini Group helps its clients transform in order to improve their performance and competitive positioning.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2018 Most Ethical Companies in the World, our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
If you believe you have “La Niaque” to go the extra mile, then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
Want to know more? To learn more about Capgemini and find out about what makes our people unique, log ont
Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior or at offer time. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record and Reference checks prior to commencement of employment.