Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global management consulting practice is a team of over 7,000 talented individuals, working with leading companies to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change. We ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients by combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise.
Within Invent sits our Insight-Driven Enterprise team, we help our clients create a smart organisation using data, AI & analytics to gain insights and enable better decisions – for customers, operations and the workforce. Our focus areas are:
- Assist clients to leverage the opportunities presented by Data Science in Marketing
- Solve industry challenges applying the cutting edge
The focus of your role:
Are you passionate about Data Science, state of the art projects, developing models, and guiding implementations & strategy in a leading-edge multifunction team? Are you as comfortable interfacing directly with the customer as you are developing hypotheses or exploring & wrangling datasets? Are you capable of explaining complex concepts in an easy to understand manner? Then Capgemini Invent has an excellent opportunity for you.
We need a Data Scientist specialised who will provide knowledge and experience in creating advanced models in an innovative environment. You have a history of successful data science implementations, leveraging cloud environments to drive results in projects. You also enjoy helping clients understand and appreciate the data science process and developing new strategic approaches and ways of modelling.
What you’ll do:
- You will be a member of the Insights Driven Enterprise team as a Data Science Expert, responsible for the designing and development of advanced models, as well as high-value use cases
- You have thorough experience in customer or social media-based datasets, with a deep understanding of statistical use cases
- You will understand how to work in at least one of Python, R, C/C++, or Java, developing researched and measured approaches to data science problems
- You will establish insightful models to solve client problems
- You will be a crucial member in designing and producing detailed client roadmaps and strategies for adoption of data science
- You will be able to work with vague (and complicated) project requirements, understanding how to evaluate and discover the best approaches to modelling
What you’ll bring:
- You have a strong comprehension of machine learning & deep learning techniques, both in theory and in practice
- You have an understanding and proven experience in cloud-based data science projects
- You have an active business and commercial acumen with clients
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, leading a client along the data science journey
- You have 3-10 years in a data scientist role with cross-discipline teams
- You can quickly learn and be impactful in new areas to keep pace with our rapid growth and evolution, and the willingness to take an ambiguous assignment and create valuable insight
- Have an advanced degree in a relevant field
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement.
Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment. Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.